Monday, October 02, 2006

Congrats Cassandra!

Cassandra is now (finally) taking a bottle!

She's still exclusively breastfed, but about 1-1/2 weeks ago RD and I put her in what we call "Baby Bootcamp" and forced her to take a bottle. She had her last nursing at 3am and was only given the choice of breast milk from a bottle for the rest of the day (while I pumped). At about 12:30pm, she finally gave in and took a bottle. For two days straight, she got milk from a bottle and was only allowed the breast at her last PM feeding. She now takes a bottle like a pro! We're so proud of you, baby girl!

*pros:
- RD gets to bond with her during feeding times (which he loves)
- I get to have some alone time/time out with girlfriends
- RD and I get some real alone time JUST the two of us
- other people get to feed her/spend longer periods of time with her/babysit

For those of you who are considering purchasing a breast pump, may I suggest the Medela electric double breast pump. I kid you not, the Pump In Style that I'm currently using has been through 8 kids! Of course, the breast attachments/collection bottles have changed per woman, but the actual pump itself is still going strong! I highly recommend it! (They even have an attachment for your car that plugs into the lighter!)

2 comments:

Deven said...

I've got the Pump in Style Advanced in a backpack. I LOVE IT!! Unfortunately I didn't know anyone who had one that wasn't using it, so I had to buy mine, but I hope it will serve many mothers and babies.

Michelle McCallum said...

That's the same pump that I have and I LOVE it! It works almost as well as the industrial pumps that you use at the hospital.