Monday, October 30, 2006

Update on weight loss

Woo hoo. I actually now fit into most of my pre-pregnancy clothes!!! Just shy of my goal weight (10 more pounds to go). Funny thing, though... my clothes just don't fit the same. Who am I kidding, though? How can I have three kids in three four years and expect to have that I've-never-had-a-baby-sleek-shaped body? HA! Now, if you've never had kids and you're reading this, please don't freak out. Very few women can go through the gauntlet of childbearing and come out in the end looking as though it never happened. Even with rigorous exercise and healthy eating, it's just not possible for most. BUT... you'll have curves in all the right places that you've never experienced before and that your husband will just adore (if you catch my drift). It's been hard losing the extra weight (esp. with all the thyroid problems I've had along the way), but having a post-partum body isn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. I feel different. I look different. My clothes fit differently. But when I look at the three miracles that came from me... I realize it was ALL worth it. Every last pound. :-)

No comments: