Wednesday, February 21, 2007

"Joseph" auditions




I auditioned this past Monday evening. I think it went well, but we'll see. (I was actually the only one who auditioned for the part of Narrator that night... but, there are also (3) other days of auditions left). They first make you sing scales to find your range. I was able to hit a strong high B and we discovered I am SO not an alto. Then they made me sing a brief clip of one of the songs the Narrator sings. After that, I had to learn and perform a bit of choreography. I think I was born with two left feet. Dancing is apparently NOT my forte. Hopefully they judge more on vocal performance than on leg performance. ;-) We'll see what happens. I've REALLY been praying about this whole theater thing and I'm not really getting a strong "yes, go for it, Mel" or "no Mel... not right now" from God. That's why I posted my desire to be in "Joseph" on my weblog earlier to see what you all thought about it. I didn't get a single negative response. I took that as my OK from God to at least try-out. So, I've auditioned and now... it's just waiting to hear back from the directors. I'm really ok with whatever is decided. If I get it, great! If not, then that was God's way of shutting a door and there's something else I am supposed to be available for. As soon as I find out the results, I'll be sure and let y'all know!!! Also... the performance dates are NOT in August. They are in JUNE... like the weekends of June 17 and the following weekend (20-something). Keep you posted on that, too.

No comments: