Saturday, March 03, 2007

The Results of my "Joseph" Audition

Well... I didn't get it. I found out yesterday afternoon but I wasn't in "the mood" to write about it. After much prayer (and a good night's sleep) I'm finding that I'm OK with the results. The part that bothers me is that the musical director (the very lady that auditioned us Narrator ladies) decided to cast herself. I know... how fair is that?! Such is politics, I guess. I'm OK with it because apparently God didn't want me to have it and He's got other things in store. There's ALWAYS musical things to get involved in at church. There's also a Cole Porter Festival thing coming soon to Peru that I could get involved in. They're in need of female soloists. So anywho's, I'm disappointed yet joyful in God's sovereignty at what all happened. Thanks for everyone's encouragement and support.

4 comments:

serina said...

Aw, bummer, Mel. You would have been great.

And the musical director casting herself? So weird.

You should be really proud for putting yourself out there and taking a risk. It's so hard, as a mom, to find time for things like that. Keep trying, and you'll find something you'll be really glad to participate in.

Megan Hutsell said...

What??!!?? Man that just stinks. It could be that they just didn't know you and now that they do, you may have better luck next time.
Who is that woman? If it's who I think it is, she's a diva anyway!
Don't worry, like you said, there will be more opportunities and maybe in the end God was trying to protect you from something.

MamaSMorgan said...

I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the part. My dh played percussion in the orchestra for JATTDC when he was in high school.

Cyndi said...

I'm so sorry Mel - you would have been awesome! I agree that casting yourself screams "Diva" but it stinks for you.