Friday, August 08, 2008

Summer Salad


You ladies have GOT to try this summer salad!!! I was first introduced to it by my sister. Talk about YUMMY!!! It is so simple and basic, yet packed with irresistable flavor.

Summer Salad
1 cucumber, peeled & diced
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes- cut in half
1/2 large Vidalia onion- chopped fine
1/2 green pepper- diced
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/8 tsp. ground red (cayenne) pepper
2 Tbls. olive oil

Combine all ingredients and allow to set in refrigerator at least (1) hour for fullest flavor.

*This recipe is totally flexible. You can really use any kind of tomato or onion; you can also use just regular table salt; I made this today but didn't have green pepper so I simply added more cucumber (sliced); still tastes amazing!

3 comments:

lornabell said...

I tried this salad also, and I absolutely love this salad.
mom

Dawn said...

YUM! Too bad my husband doesn't like homemade salads...but he sure devours the Olive Garden salads and any Ceaser salad from a resturant without a problem. :-)

Hope you have a blessed weekend!

Dawn

ReaganF said...

My parents gave us some fresh cucumbers and onions from their garden and I picked the first tomato from our own garden this week. I tried this salad and it really was very very good--especially with all the fresh ingrediants! Thanks for sharing!