Monday, September 22, 2008

Check-in


I hate to admit this, but I didn't do very well this week at all. :-( I was able to get some exercise in but not near as much as I would like. The problem I run into is that if I don't get my exercise done in the morning before the children wake up, it's a rare opportunity indeed if I'm able to get it done during the daytime hours. So anyways, here's what I did get accomplished this week:

Thurs. 9/18: 150 various sit-ups; Leslie Sansone's 3 mi. Walk Away the Pounds video
Sun. 9/21: 240 various sit-ups; 50 tricep/50 bicep/50 arm raises (5 lbs.)

In regard to portion sizing, I am still staying on track! Yea! Praise God I no longer feel as though I am starving all the time! I could probably stand to cut back even more, but for now, I'm starting off by intentionally eating less than RD during meal times. Still eating on a lunch plate, no seconds, cutting back on sweets, and increasing my liquid intake.

5 comments:

Carmine said...

Isn't it hard to drink so much water once the weather gets cooler? I struggle with drinking water- but I guess if you can drink green tea, then you can count that towards your liquid intake. I keep a HUGE gallon water bottle on my desk at work, and I just tell myself it has to be empty by the end of the day. How do you remind yourself to drink enough?

MelissaD said...

I try to grab a glass of water at every nursing, which at this point is approximately every 3 hours.

Jennifer @ Quiverfull Family said...

Oh, I'm going to look this challenge up to help me stay accountable for my exercising!

Carmine said...

Good idea- I put a bit of warm/hot water in my water bottle so that it brings it's easier to drink- my office at work is SOOO cold! Drinking water just makes me even colder!

MelissaD said...

Jennifer-

It really DOES help knowing you have to report your weekly progress to your blog readers.