Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Day 3...

Since I've joined the Mom's of Many Exercise Challenge, I've also been convicted about my portion sizes as well. For the past 3 days I've drastically cut back on the amount I normally eat. One lunch-sized plate, no seconds, and I make sure and eat less than my husband. I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I can (and usually do) eat as much as my husband does (who's at least 70+ pounds heavier than I am). That really shouldn't be. So... ok, the first 2 days I felt like I was starving all the time. I drank a lot of water and Dt. Coke. But finally today, things are leveling out as I'm guessing my stomach is shrinking. Yea! I've got 14 lbs. to lose in order to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Keep everyone posted on progress. Please keep me accountable. And Carmine, thanks so much for your amazing quote. I think on it often: "A person who wants something will find a way. A person who doesn't will find an excuse."

3 comments:

Carmine said...

I Hear ya on the portion size- you made a good point. I can eat as much as my husband too, but I clearly SHOULDN'T! I never really thought about something that simple before!

People say not to drink soda if you're trying to lose weight but I DISAGREE- when I want to lose weight, I HAVE to have diet soda, because that's what I drink in the evenings instead of snacking after dinner! Dan and I buy diet mt. dew or rootbeer or something that's kind of sweet, and I treat it like my "dessert!" Gets your sweet craving out of the way, and NO calories!

Glad you like my quote- it's such a reality check for me because whenever I catch myself trying to make an excuse, it comes to mind!

MelissaD said...

Drinking pop makes me feel full, too.

MelissaD said...

Day 4 is even easier.