Monday, October 13, 2008

Menu Planning



My dear girlfriend, Michelle from college, has this on her blog and I thought it'd be a fun thing to add to my weekly ramblings.

Mon: (crockpot) beef and mushroom gravy*, fried okra, cottage cheese
Tues: scalloped potatoes, steamed carrots, salad
Weds: eggs, sausage, (homemade) bagels**
Thurs: chili w/ cheese & onions (double pot); grasshopper dessert**
Fri: baked potatoes w/ chili (or leftover mushroom gravy)
Sat: pizza (from a fund raiser)

*Super easy! 1-1/2 pounds beef, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, refill empty can 1x with water, 1 small can of mushrooms (including juice); cook on low for 6 hr.s; salt & pepper to taste

**will post recipe soon

What are you ladies cooking?

3 comments:

Michelle M. said...

Isn't this great! I used to do monthly menu plans, but I have been slacking recently. I now have the rest of the month planned out thanks to MPM :)
I can't wait to see your recipes.

ReaganF said...

I love menu planning! Here's what we're having this week:

Monday: Leftover black bean burritos
Tuesday: Tempting Thai Chicken with Spicy Peanut Sauce over brown rice
Wednesday: Apple Glazed Burger Steaks
Thursday: Leftover night
Friday: Tacos with black beans
Saturday: Chicken Curry (in the crock pot!)
Sunday: Leftover night

Carmine said...

We lose weight AND save money when we plan our meals! I have 2 weeks planned out, but I can't remember what they are- I'll have to consult my spreadsheet!

Last night we had homemade chicken pot pie