Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!

~2008~

Wow, I cannot believe it's already Christmas '08! And that today Edmund turns 6 months old! I know I said that I was not going to post during the month of December, but inspiration has overtaken my best of intentions. So, here's not only a photo of my growing family, but here I will also include a reflective list entitled:

The Many Joy's of Christmas!
1- the smell of Monkey Bread baking and coffee brewing Christmas morn
2- reading the Christmas Story from the book of Luke first thing in the morning while everyone is still in their jammies
3- seeing my children dressed up in their Christmas best
4- for that matter, seeing RD dressed up in HIS Christmas best! :-)
5- outdoor lights decorating homes and yards
6- the smell of Christmas scented candles burning
7- getting a family picture taken for Christmas cards
8- a chance to update my address book!
9- getting Christmas cards from beloved family members and friends with their family photos on them
10- having Shauna and Charles home (my sister and brother in law)
11- hilariously wrapping gifts (the more creative and weird, the better!)
12- rest and relaxation
13- colorfully wrapped presents under the tree
14- watching my children busting at the seams with anticipation
15- Christmas lights, garland, and tinsel that warm the home environment
16- Christmas music quietly playing in the background
17- seeing friends and family (esp. those we rarely see throughout the year)
18- Christmas dinner (an all out feast)
19- the Christmas program at church
20- working in the kitchen with all the other ladies
21- the joy and thankfulness on other people's faces as they unwrap their gifts
22- rolling around and wrestling with the children on the floor amidst wrapping paper and ribbons

... and most importantly...


23- celebrating Jesus' birth

As I sit here rocking little Edmund in my arms, I catch myself imagining what it would be like to see Jesus, my Lord and Savior, as a mere infant. He was human. 100% human! He grew up to be 6 months old (like Edmund)... 2-1/2 years old (like Cassandra)... 4 years old (like Benjamin)... 5-1/2 years old (like Arianna)... As I look into the eyes of my children, I catch a brief glimpse of the reality that Jesus was once among us... that He, too, was a child. Oh, how I praise God for sending Jesus in such a way! He was like us! He, too, had a body of flesh. He shared in all the human experiences we do today. Jesus, fully man yet fully God... an equation I cannot fathom in through my human lens of understanding. A tiny babe... yet a mighty King.

Words cannot express my thankfulness, Father God, that You would send Your Son to earth for us... for me... Jesus left His throne of royalty and power to live, and die, amongst sinners. You lived to die... in order that we may find forgiveness of our sin and live in eternal bliss with You. Not because of anything that we have done, but because You first loved us. There is so much I do not understand. But today, hear my prayer of thankfulness for sending Jesus to earth as a precious little baby... to grow up and die so that we, as a race of humans, could be blessed with the gift of salvation. Tomorrow, as we all open gifts from our beloved friends and family, may our thoughts rest upon the best gift even given in all of eternity... You. ~Amen

Have a blessed and merry CHRISTmas!

No comments: