Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Miscellaneous crafts

While we were in Michigan visiting family over Thanksgiving, my mom pulled out a little something she's been working on for a while now... a tradition she wanted our family to start. Being the creative genius she is, she made the most adorable "count down to Christmas" stockings to string up and add to our Christmas home decor. She knitted 25 of the cutest mini stockings! The kids put candy in each sock so they could eat 1 piece each day until Christmas. Boy, was our brood excited. Here were Arianna's and Benjamin's expressions when grandma pulled out the candy! (You can see some of the socks, too.)
Loading up the socks.
Thank you, grandma. We love it!
You can see the little clothes pins with the count down numbers on them in this picture.
Here's a close-up. Aren't they darling?!


Remember me talking about the free fonts page? Well, here's our Akbar font put to use. My mom's birthday was the day before Thanksgiving and so the kids and I made a card for her. Here's what we made:
You can't really tell in this pic, but the beak actually opens up! We clipped off the corner of an envelope, colored it orange, and pasted it in. (We are still finding glitter all over the house!)
Made with love.
(I've always thought it was neat that my mom's b-day is around Thanksgiving... her birth is an awesome thing to give thanks for.)
Love you, mom!


My kids are enthralled with the simplest of things. It's so fun. Who would have guessed that toothpicks and mini marshmallows could be so entertaining? They have a blast creating all kinds of things! And, of course, they get to eat the marshmallows when they're done playing. ;-)

Here's Arianna's snowman.

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

I gave you an award over on my blog!