Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Dinner tonight!

The kids thought this was great!


Say!
I like green eggs and ham!
I do! I like them, Sam-I-am!
And I would eat them in a boat.
And I would eat them with a goat...

And I will eat them in the rain.
And in the dark. And on a train.
And in a car. And in a tree.
They are so good, so good, you see!

So I will eat them in a box.
And I will eat them with a fox.
And I will eat them in a house.
And I will eat them with a mouse.
And I will eat them here and there.
Say! I will eat them ANYWHERE!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I might eat that if I were color blind. :)

- Rebekah

ReaganF said...

That is AWESOME!! I am totally going to do this for Riley too! She loves the book Green Eggs and Ham and talks about how she would like to try them too. How did you make the green sauce for the ham?

Michelle M. said...

That is so not appealing to my pregnant stomach right now :)

TulipGirl said...

*L*

How fun for kids!

Though, I must say, my first thought when I saw the picture was "ewwww."

MelissaD said...

Tulipgirl-
I think that was EVERYONE'S first impression. BUt it tasted great!

MelissaD said...

Here Reagan, here's that recipe for the green gravy.

Medium White Sauce
-makes 1 cup

2 Tbl. butter
2 Tbl. flour
1/4 t. salt
dash of pepper
1 cup milk
green food coloring

-Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Blend in flour, salt, and pepper. Combine milk and food coloring until the right color. Add milk all at once into saucepan. Stir constantly until mixture thickens and bubbles.

*This is the recipe we use for biscuits and gravy, although, we don't usually add food coloring. Good with any kind of breakfast meat. And we always need to double this recipe.