Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It's done!!!

Goodness me! After completing the seemingly endless pile of clothing that needed mending, I was finally able to work on my apron! Yea! It took me about a week to complete, working in the evening hours after my little cherubs were tucked in for the night. It's completely hand sewn. I love it! It's a wonderful pink color!!







There's a lining of white flannel on the backside so that spills will more easily be absorbed into the apron and not my clothing.


And for my next project...
I'm hand sewing a Peter Pan costume for Benjamin!
He'll be thrilled!

5 comments:

ReaganF said...

Wow! Hand sewn! Good for you! It's adorable!

Michelle M. said...

You look so cute! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is cute! I especially like the top detail with the ribbon and gather.

- Rebekah

Cyndi said...

Very cute!! Ok... so the matching mother-daughter aprons for Amara and I that I started months ago and have not finished yet.... You have inspired me to finish them! :)

MelissaD said...

What cracks me up is that in the pic where I'm wearing the apron, without even realizing it, I was standing with choral posture. So ingrained...