Monday, March 09, 2009

Swollen with child!

In my more recent posts, I stated that I was wanting to finish a baby gift sewing project before I finished the Peter Pan costume... well, I got it done and I thought I would share some pics.

Here's my girlfriend, Rebekah, very swollen with child. I am SO bummed this came out all blurry, but it works. She's a walking time-bomb, my friends. Her due date is (Friday) March 13, so she is ready to go!!! And she is ALL baby!!! We cannot WAIT to meet little Kara Sophia or Kal Michael!!!

Here's the project I was working on. I took some gender-neutral fabric and cut out little "K"s (the beginning letter of their baby's name) and I sewed it onto some onesies, leaving a little bit of an edge to them. I didn't get a chance to wash them, but... once washed, the edges will fray, giving the "K"s a really cool highlight. I got the idea from my sister, Cyndi, who is not only amazing in the kitchen but she's pretty darn good with a needle and thread as well. She made my kids some sweatshirts awhile back with their beginning letters (ABC...). So cute.




Here's a close-up.
I hope to get a pic of it frayed so you ladies can see the neat effect it has. All hand-sewn with love!!!

Can't wait for bay-bay's to be born!!!
Love you, Rebekah!!!

1 comment:

ReaganF said...

That's a really cute idea! How do you keep your stitching so even?