Saturday, May 02, 2009

More on Garlic Oil

I recently posted on how we curb ear infections in our home with garlic oil. We recently came across another medicinal use for garlic: getting rid of coughs/chest colds.
We read about it here at LearningHerbs.com.

You use it on your feet!
At first, I was skeptical... Feet?...
But this week, our children came down with some sort of flu bug (low grade fever, cough, etc.) and so I tried this recipe on them. I rubbed garlic oil on their feet 3x's/day, slapped some socks on them, and the coughing subsided! Then, just last night my husband started getting sick with the same bug. So... I tried it on him, too!... And it worked! I also brewed him a cup of "special-tea".
Ginger works as an immune system booster.

I'm sold... garlic is awesome!

2 comments:

Michelle M. said...

Wow! That is really neat... and a little bit weird :)

Kendra at New Life On A Homestead said...

I'd heard of this before, but always wondered if it really worked. Thanks for letting us know! I really need to keep this in mind the next time the kiddos get sick...