Thursday, July 09, 2009

My first public outing with the Ergo...

... was a SUCCESS!
Yea!
I like not looking like an idiot in public, don't you?
;-)
I've been practicing ever since I got it and I've finally got it down. Edmund's getting used to it and really enjoys being my little "monkey on my back". Three stores... No problem!

Completely random though unrelated to the Ergo, but you ladies have GOT to check out money saving mom. They list ALL kinds of freebies and promotions! I just got a free mocha McCafe and free Potato Ole's (Taco John's). Not just food but LOTS of different products listed as well. Check it out!

3 comments:

simplyserina said...

Hurray!

Have fun, but be careful. My only scary incident with the Ergo was with its first passenger, Maya. I had only been using the Ergo for about two months. I was in the Target parking lot, and I thought I had her in there, but it turns out the Ergo was caught under her bum. I started to walk, and she flipped backwards. Thankfully (so, so thankfully!) her legs were stuck around my side, so she just flipped and hung upside down until I could figure out how to flip her back upright and get her down. She was only 8 months old and totally freaked out. I didn't put the Ergo on in a parking lot for years after that.

All that to say: just be careful. Once you've got it down, it's totally safe, but still, check your baby in the reflection of the car window before walking around on hard surfaces. (I still check every single time, to this day!) It's been six years and two more Ergo babies since that incident, and I haven't had any scariness since then. And I've never dropped a baby, and Lord willing, neither will you.

MelissaD said...

Funny you should mention checking the Ergo positioning out in the car window reflection 'cause that's exactly what I did! Guess it helps to be somewhat paranoid. ;-)

Robin Johnson said...

I take my baby sling everywhere I am never seen without it!