Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Sinus Vinegar

It's ready! It's done!
It's been sitting on my counter for 2 weeks in order to reach full potency. What is it?
Sinus vinegar, of course! ;-)

Almost 2 months ago, I joined HerbMentor.com. I just love it! RD and I have had a growing interest in herbal medicinals and have been very pleased with this website and the information and mentorship they provide. If any of you are interested in herbs, you should seriously give them a look-see.

Anyways, to make a long story short, my brother-in-law and a family friend have both struggled with sinus issues (congestion, pressure, headaches, difficulty sleeping, etc.). So I decided to make them some Sinus Vinegar, a recipe from HerbMentor. Yea! It's finally done. I've been so curious to see if it works!

Here's what's in it:
-minced onion
-minced garlic
-grated fresh ginger
-grated fresh horseradish
-mustard seeds
-black peppercorns
-dried chili flakes
-apple cider vinegar
-honey

Boy howdy! It was cleaning MY sinuses just making it! It basically smells like a really strong salad dressing. They're supposed to take 1/2 to 1 tsp. per hour as needed.

Here's what it looked like sitting on the counter.
(The plastic bag is there to protect the metal lid from corrosion that can occur from the vinegar.)

Here it is straining.
It would have been so much easier with a cheesecloth.
(Putting that on my shopping list!)

Dripping...

Honey goes in last and works as a preservative.
This sinus vinegar can now be stored in a cool dark place for up to 2 years!

Let you know if it works!!!

No comments: