Friday, October 30, 2009

All I want for Christmas...

Last night, RD and I went on our weekly date night to Applebee's and Wal-Mart. It's not much, but it is just the thing to rejuvenate us as a couple. As we were wandering about Wal-Mart's clearance aisle (my favorite), we caught a glimpse of all the wonderful Christmas stuff out on display. We then started talking about our Christmas wish lists. Of course, RD rattled off things like: a remote controlled helicopter, a Garmin navigational system, and other techie things. He then turned to me and asked me what I wanted. With a sigh and a hint of doubt that he'd take me seriously, I said, "All I want for Christmas is a housekeeper!" I've thought long and hard about this topic for some time. My top pick would be to hire a cook, but that's WAY out of my price league. But a housekeeper? Oh man, if I didn't have to clean house I cannot even begin to tell you how much extra time and energy that would free up! So with a flinch I awaited his response, to which he said, "Hmm. That's a good idea! Look into that!"
WEE-HAA! So guess what I'm going to be doing today! :-)

4 comments:

Cyndi said...

Totally let me know what you find out! Jamie and I have talked about that off and on.....

MelissaD said...

Will do. I know of 2 locally right off the bat, but it's going to take a bit of research. A lot of housekeeping stuff around us are locals that do it on the side and don't advertise. It's all by word of mouth. Let you know what I come up with!

ReaganF said...

A friend of mine just hired a housekeeper who comes twice a month. She says it is the most amazing thing ever! She says the time savings and peace of mind is worth ever penny! Jim would love to hire a housekeeper because he loves a spotless house. Unfortunately for him, he married me, and I have less rigid cleaning standards. Reading books with my kids trumps vacuming every time! LOL!

Deven said...

That's wonderful!! I hope you're able to find one quickly within your price range.