Thursday, October 29, 2009

California

Gosh, I can't believe it's already been over a week since my sister and I flew out to Sacramento, California to visit our grandparents and extended family (paternal side). It was an all too short visit, but with family work schedules and childcare, it was all we could afford. Still, we had a wonderful vacation time.

Here is my sister, Cyndi, and I with our grandfather 20 years ago!

This is now.

This was our last pilot that drove us from Houston, TX to Indianapolis. I was shocked to see he wasn't much older than I was! (Then again, I keep forgetting I'm 30 and I'm not exactly "young" anymore.) Had to get this shot for Benjamin! He would have just loved to see the cockpit. Buttons, buttons galore!
I do hope it's not another 20 years before we get back out to California.

Cyndi and I had so much fun we're already making plans on doing something fun and girly when Baby F is weaned. Maybe we'll fly out to Vermont and take bread making classes from King Arthur Flour Company...

*the unabridged version of this trip in on our family blog*

No comments: