Thursday, November 19, 2009

Date Night


&


I'd post a little something more for today, but I'm running out of time. Hubby and I are getting ready to head out for our weekly Date Night here in a couple moments.

A few quick things on my mind...

1- the kids are doing FANTASTIC with their pictureless readers! They have both individually read through 5 books a piece!!! Arianna is absolutely ecstatic that she's reading and can't wait to read more! It's like all she needed was a bit of success and she's now off and running! I LOVE watching her develope a love for reading. Some day, once she's got a good hang of reading, illustrations won't be a problem for her (or Benjamin). But during these beginning stages, removing them has been the best thing since sliced bread over here!

2- I've got a twin in South Carolina! My sister found a comment on Passionate Homemaking (see comment #15) about a woman named MelissaD that nearly fits my own description as mom and homemaker. (She thought it WAS me until she followed the link.) I hope to get the chance to introduce myself to her when I've got a bit of time. Uncanny how closely our lives resemble one another!

Post more tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

Missionfieldof5 said...

Hey there!! I saw your comment and followed your links to find your blog here :)

We really are very similar even down to the homebirthing!! We have had 3 water births so far but I think I am going for a "land" birth this time as well :) We have been married for 9 years this May 13th :) So only one year longer than the two of you.

But I think we are probably about 10 years apart in age??? I'm 42 this past October 26th :)

I have bookmarked your blog to keep up with what is happening in your neck of the woods. It is wonderful to meet someone with so many similar interests!! God must have meant for our paths to cross for a reason.

Well off to get started on homeschool, we are just starting the 3rd grade with my oldest and these first few days there are a few more moments of hands on time :) Have a blessed day!!
Melissa D. SC