Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Gratituesday


Right now I'm experiencing a strange mix of gratitude and sadness. See, my husband and I were recently reacquainted with a sweet family that used to go to our church. I posted about them not too long ago (the Tiramisu & Killer Salad post- Nov. 11th). We are like-minded in so many different ways (our views on Christianity, politics, marriage roles, parenting styles, homeschool methods, what we like to do for fun, etc). They also have 4 children close in age to ours. The wife is pregnant with #5, just weeks behind me. It was one of those relationships that just naturally and quickly fell into place- it just clicked. Where I am beaming with gratitude is that the husband, who's been unemployed for 7 months, finally got a great job! We have been praying and praying that God would provide them with something secure and stable. A huge sigh of relief can finally be drawn. They have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!!! Where the sadness hits is that they will be moving in 3 weeks... to Illinois. It's not like they'll be moving across the U.S. (it'll only be a 3.5-4 hr. drive) and we'll never get to see them. But they'll no longer be "just down the street" (literally). It's kind of a funny spot to be in. And not funny "ha ha". I am overflowing with joy at the blessings that have been poured out upon that family. But we will miss them.

I am also thankful for the stint of time that we did get reacquainted. Albeit short, it has been a blessing. We were able to renew a friendship that will hopefully last for years to come.

2 comments:

prayzgod said...

We had some good friends like that too, but we were the ones that ended up moving away, because of the job situation. We are a long way from them, so we've just been emailing, but I sure do miss them. :-(

Amy Lynne said...

We are having some friends at our house for Thanksgiving that sound like your friends. They live a few hours away, but with the internet and Facebook I "see" them all the time. I hope you are all able to keep in touch across the miles!