Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Miscellaneous

Here's my studmuffin Mr. Edmund sporting his husky dog shirt. Which is cool because we actually have a husky dog. And I'm not really sure where he got it either. It was just in his 2T box of clothes. Probably got it from his cousin, Aiden. It's cute and fitting.

Here they are, nose to nose.
This photo was recently posted in our local newspaper in the "Me and My Pet" section.

Arianna brought this in is as our centerpiece.
She is wonderfully artistic and creative. It will be so awesome watching her develop this God-given talent as she grows up.

Mmmm. Banana bread.
We like ours with mini chocolate chips.
(It's healthy. Ahem. It's got banana's in it. *grin*)

I absolutely LOVE this curry chicken recipe! It is seriously something I could eat every week and not tire of. It's my sister, Cyndi's, recipe.
1 lb. (or so) cooked chicken diced
2 Tbls. dry minced onion OR 1/4 cup chopped onion
*2 small cans (8oz?) tomato sauce
*1 regular sized can (14 oz?) stewed tomatoes, chopped
*you can also just use 28oz diced tomatoes, undrained, instead of the two kinds of tomatoes
1-1/2 tsp. curry powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper (1/2 tsp. for added spice)
heaping 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper (scant 1/4 tsp. for added spice)
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. ground tumeric
Combine all ingredients together in a large skillet. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer 20-30min. or until tomatoes are tender.
Serve over rice or flatbread.
~Don't be intimidated by the long list of ingredients. It goes together really fast!

6 comments:

Cyndi said...

Funny! We had chicken curry last night! Great minds think alike! :)

ReaganF said...

Riley brought me a bouquet of red fall leaves the other day too! They were really pretty!

MelissaD said...

Cyndi, I could seriously eat curry chicken weekly! I love it!

Michelle M. said...

I like putting mini chocolate chips in my pumpkin and banana breads :)

I don't make chicken curry nearly enough. I'll have to try this out.

ReaganF said...

I have a chicken curry that I make in the crock pot. It is AMAZING! And you make it IN THE CROCK POT! We could eat this weekly as well. It is delicious (and oh so easy!)! http://www.bhg.com/recipe/chicken/chicken-curry/

Anonymous said...

Edmund is super cute!

-Rebekah