Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Ugh... You have GOT to be kidding!

I've literally been working my rear off this past week with exercising and have burned approximately 518.9 calories. I was feeling pretty proud of myself... that is... until I got some "perspective" thrown my way.

In a Whopper sandwich, just one, there are 670 calories!!! WHAT?!!! (And that's not even including fries!)

One week of exercise and I haven't even yet worked off a Whopper's worth of calories!!! (Ok, I'm trying really hard not to get depressed here.)

As discouraging as this revelation of news was, it has brought with it a glimmer of good- it's made me much more sensitive to what and how much I consume. It's made me turn down desserts and fast food, that's for sure.

Wow... 670 calories... sheesh...

*naughty Whopper*

3 comments:

Sandra Leigh said...

I know! So unfair! I set my daily "goal" on the wii fit to burn as many calories a day as a chocolate candy bar (because I eat plenty of those) and I can't believe how hard it is to work off all those calories! I have yet to succeed.

Kyla said...

Guess it's name should have given us a clue, huh?

I totally blew it last night with lg. fries from McDonald's. I'm purposefully NOT looking up their calorie content. My backside feels large enough today as it is!

Burning 519 calories is great, though. And you should be happy with yourself. :)

Michelle M. said...

I think you are doing awesome! Much better than I considering I haven't intentionally burned any calories this week. I guess my baby having RSV is a good excuse and all, but still... You're doing a great job!