Wednesday, February 03, 2010

What to do? What to do?


I'm in a bit of a predicament... and not sure quite what to do. I REALLY want a garden this year. A completely organic garden. The one I've been dreaming of and planning out for months! But a few wrenches (good wrenches!!!) have been thrown my direction:

1- Baby "F" is due April 22... prime planting season. I'm either going to be severely pregnant when the seeds/sprouts need to be planted or I'm going to have just had a baby!

2- I'm not sure where we will be living this summer/autumn!

For those of you that may not know, our growing family has been living in an apartment in the basement of RD's parents' house for a little over 4 years now. It has been a TREMENDOUS blessing! Absolutely beyond words! We were near drowning in debt between my school loans and the debt RD acquired from starting his business. Living here has given us room to breath and get things nearly completely paid off. PRAISE GOD!!!

So now we are finally in a position to begin looking for a house to call our own. We may very well be moving this summer... before harvest time.

What to do?!

I may have to take a year off. :-(

4 comments:

simplyserina said...

i say you wait and see how you'll feel. late pregnancy brings all sorts of nesting energy, and you might feel like gardening. even with a new baby, you can throw seeds out there and see what happens, you know? easy things, like spring peas and greens, summer cucumbers and purchased tomato plants, more fall greens, etc. even if you move, your in-laws can eat it. or you can come back and harvest as you find time. i'm sure you'll be back visiting grandma and grandpa plenty.

Jamie said...

You can plant a garden here - then I'll help with it when F arrives and if you move - your plants will still be here. (Hey - the log cabin on the corner is for sale with immediate occupancy - we've tried to get Jamie's dad to buy it - but he's not interested.) It would be a little drive if you had a garden here - but I'd get to see you more often! :)

--Cyndi

Sonya said...

Hm...that is quite a predicament! I've never had a garden, but maybe I will soon. :) I think Serina is right, see how you feel. I hope you do find the right house soon.

Michelle M. said...

Since the garden would be at a family member's house, do you think they would mind, if after you moved, you came back to gather the things you planted?

I hope to get a garden (a tiny one) planted this year. We'll see how that goes.