Friday, March 19, 2010

EASY crockpot lasagna!

Lasagna is one of my all-time favorite dishes, but I neglect to make it because it seems like SUCH a process! Well, today I just decided to try and crockpot it and see if it worked. We found a keeper recipe! Thought I'd share!!!

Spray the crockpot with Pam first. Then add a bit of water to the bottom. Layer with 2 strips of lasagna noodles (broken to fit).

Here's what's in my red sauce:
1 lb cooked/drained ground beef; 1-1/2 jars of spaghetti sauce; oregano; basil; garlic powder; onion powder; salt & pepper; 2 garlic cloves (sliced); red pepper flakes; cottage cheese. (Sorry- I didn't measure- just kinda estimated.)

Layer it within the crockpot:
noodles-->red sauce-->Mozzerella & Paremesan Cheese

Cook on LOW for approximately 4 hours and VOILA!

3 comments:

littypod said...

Sounds wonderful!

ReaganF said...

I love crock pot lasagna! We have a recipe for regular lasagna that is not a big process (about the same process as the crock pot because you don't have to cook the noodles first). Let me know if you want it!

MelissaD said...

Sure, Reagan!