Sunday, May 02, 2010

Update and stuff

We are holding up really good... surprisingly good. So often I hear how tragic things can make people and marriages crumble. But through the sustaining power of God and through the prayers and help of others, I feel as though we are stronger. Losing Francesca not only has brought RD and I closer as a couple, it has also brought us closer to God. We are seeing and knowing Him like we've never experienced before. It's been a bitter but sweet road to healing.

Hopefully as time goes on I will unfold some of that which has been happening. As it stands, I could seriously write a novel!

Here are just a few random thoughts as they pop into my head:
1- started exercising today using the Wii EA Sports Active "game" (LOW impact). Also did a mild set of sit-ups. Feeling pretty good! Gained somewhere around 30 lbs. Have 13 lbs to lose to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight.
2- our church has been amazing! For the past 3 weeks we have been provided with meals! Today, we had our last meal. So this evening I did inventory and meal planning. Getting out to the grocery store tomorrow AM. It's been absolutely WONDERFUL having meals made for us each evening. But it will definitely be nice to start making some of our own food again. I miss being in the kitchen. It's therapeutic. :-)
3- Benjamin isn't taking Francesca's passing very well. He's SO tender hearted. And he wanted a baby sister SO bad. He'd hug and talk to my belly every day, loving on her. He's been acting out and getting frustrated and angry quite a bit. We're going to talk to our church counselor tomorrow to see if he's got any resources on children and grief. The other kids seem to be handling it ok.
4- reading an amazing book entitled "Shattered Dreams" by Larry Crabb. A MUST READ for anyone facing a trial or tragedy in their lives!!! Also reading through the Psalms and journaling.
5- really need to get back into the swing of homeschooling again. We basically took off the entire month of April (go fig'). We've still been reading the Bible and library books, doing arts and crafts, playing on PBSkids.com and Starfall.com... but as far as phonetics, reading lessons, handwriting, etc... Think I'll spend this next week lesson planning and rewetting my feet so to speak. Start school back up again in a week. But that's the bliss of schooling through the year: you can take breaks and still get your days in!

2 comments:

Cammie Delph said...

You have been on my mind a lot. I have been praying for your family! I know it's been years since we've even seen each other, but just know that you are in my heart and in my thoughts often. We'll be praying for Benjamin, and the rest of the family.

Cn8dnchick said...

I'm so glad to hear you're doing well! You are an amazing woman!