Thursday, June 10, 2010

Got mosquito bites?

I don't know about you, but the mosquitoes just LOVE our family, especially RD and Arianna. (I tell them it's because they're so "sweet".) Sometimes I wonder if mosquitoes prefer certain blood types. Hmmm... Anyway, for those of you that are suffering this summer with those pesky itchy bites, try this simple home remedy: Baking Soda Paste.

Pour out a bit of baking soda into a bowl and add enough water to make a paste. Rub a bit of the paste on the bug bite. Voila! Works like a charm. Takes the itch right out!
(Also works wonders on bee stings.)


Another wonderful thing to have around the house for bug bites is Watkins Salve. For minor cuts, scrapes, burns, and skin irritations. Looooove it!

2 comments:

Michelle M. said...

This is great. I am going to pass this info along!

Vicki said...

Interesting, we've used the baking soda paste on bee stings before but I'd never thought to try it on mosquito bites. I'll have to give it a try on my youngest daughter as mosquitos absolutely love her.