Thursday, December 16, 2010

So what's new...

Wow, it's been a long time since I've visited the land of blogging. For no particular reason. Perhaps busyness. My days revolve around being a loving wife, a nurturing mother, a homeschooling teacher, a small business owner, and a gluten free chef. :-)

Some of you may be wondering how my pregnancy is going. I will be 21 weeks next Monday, Dec. 20th. It is FLYING by! As soon as we get our Kodak stuff back onto the computer I'll share another belly bump pic. Progressing well. Due date is still looking like May 4, 2011.

I'm not going to lie. This pregnancy is a HUGE step of faith each day. Do I fear losing this baby? You betcha! But every day when I feel that precious squirming inside my belly I immediately send up praise to my Lord and Savior that he has given us yet another day with this this baby. Not for a single moment do I take life for granted.

The biggest area of growth has been to completely and fully trust in the Lord step by step. There have been a few scares along the way. At an earlier point of my pregnancy, I suffered with rhythmic painful contractions that I thought may have been the onset of a miscarriage. Fortunately it was just a reaction to some gluten I'd accidentally eaten. Then two weeks ago the midwife struggled to find a heartbeat for quite some time. On the last try, before sending me off to get an ultrasound, we heard it briefly. New doppler plus the placenta is smack dab in the front of my belly. Whew!

I am not in control. He is! I've learned that full well.

So anyways, I hope to get back to blogging here. Always have TONS of things rattling around in my heart and mind that I want to share. I'll share as I can.

God bless!

No comments: