Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Clothing transfer

Every Spring and Fall I get the blues as we change out our children's clothing for the upcoming season.  *sigh*  Some women seem to be able to switch things in-and-out without batting an eye.  Me?!  I'm nearly blotting my eyes with tissues (from tears) as it's so hard to put things away...

My children will NEVER wear these articles of clothing again...
They are getting bigger...

It's such a hard pill to swallow for me.  In one regard, I love their new found independence and abilities and talents, etc.  But it's so hard to accept the fact that they are growing up.  That they won't always be children.




Long days turn into short years...




That is SO what defines motherhood...

                                                                      Seasonal...


A season of pregnancy.  A season of post-partum.
A season of frequent nursings.  A season of sippy cups.
Diapers.  Underpants.
Onesies.  T-shirts.
Kindergarten.  High School.
Home.  World.
Singleness.  Marriage.
Youth.  Old age.

It's ALWAYS changing.  Never stagnant.  Out with the old.  In with the new.  You're never in the same spot for long.  And just as soon as you think you've got something somewhat figured out, it rises up and changes on you.


Change is a good thing though.
Albeit bittersweet at times.

Two times a year I am faced with the stinging (but sweet) reality that my kids are growing up.
As they should.

Lord, help me to SAVOR every day that I have with these children You have SO RICHLY blessed me with.  Help me not to get frustrated in the moment with difficulties and trials, but rather remind me that "to everything there is a season".  Help me to live every day in the now, not wishing for another/different season.  Help me to live out my moments without regret, living and loving to the fullest.  Amen.

No comments: