Friday, March 29, 2013

Dieting & Exercising for Your Body Type

Came across some really interesting information about changing your eating and exercising routines to best suit your body type.

Read it HERE.

It makes total sense as there are DEFINITELY differences in body types!  No one exercise or eating plan is going to be best for ALL people.

I think I fall into the "endomorph" category.

So that would mean...

Exercise:
-lifting moderate weights (2 sets/10-12 reps)
-circuit/full-body strength training 3x/wk
-45min medium intensity cardio 2x/wk
-20min high intensity interval cardio 2x/wk

Diet:
-drink lots of water
-get lots of fiber
-eat lots of protein
-keep fat intake at 20% total daily calories
-limit sugars and carbs
-eat 5-6 small meals all throughout the day

Being as far along as I am, I can't start a weight lifting regimen. But post-partum I can!  I've got both ChaLean Extreme and Turbo Jam (from Beachbody), Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds (1-5mi), and a treadmill.  I think I'll be good to go.

Watching my diet *shouldn't* be a problem...
Biggest struggle: watching sugar and carb intake.  I get some pretty intense cravings.  I *tried* giving up sugar for Lent this year... but 2-1/2 weeks in I caved and gave up.  The cravings were awful and my carb load had increased a lot.  (Probably making up for the lack of sugar in my system, as carbs metabolize as sugars.)  Not really sure what to do with this...  :-/

No comments: