Tuesday, December 03, 2013

My big dreaded project

I'm embarrassed to even admit this, but I fiiiiiiiiiinally got around to putting away the kids' clothes from the Fall transfer today.  This has been sitting in the foyer-to-kitchen hallway longer than I would like to admit.  An absolute eye sore.  But (to me) it seemed like too big a project to mess with.  Like, it would take too long.  Don't let these cute little boxes and piles fool you.  There's barely any organization to it.  I had to look at every piece of clothing in order to sort and store.  And for any of you out there that *truly* know me, you'll know that I STRUGGLE (with a capital S) with the clothing exchange EVERY single time.  Truly a love-hate relationship.  I feel SO freaky-deaky blessed to have clothes and shoes for each of my children.  GOD HAS PROVIDED ABUNDANTLY.  I love how they have so much-- and it is cute cute stuff!  But I HATE (despise, loathe, detest, dislike, abhor, etc.) kids trying on clothes & shoes, looking for spots/stains, sorting, organizing, deciding whether to keep/give to someone we know/donate, box, label, run up and down stairs, etc. I cannot even put into proper English words how much I have a disdain for this project.  It's unavoidable.  And it happens every year... twice.  So with that said, perhaps you can understand why I call this my "big dreaded project".  And of course, since I've been dreading it, I've been pushing it off until I "have time".  Shoot.  Who really has the time?!  It's just something one has to MAKE time for, whether you want to or not.  Well today, I MADE time.  And hated it the entire time.  But BY GOLLY it's done.  And it looks gooooood.  
 

It... is... finished...

Donation pile

Basement storage

Oh yeah, baby.

Feels like I just lost 30lbs!!!

No comments: