Tuesday, December 03, 2013

The perfect pineapple

You may look at this pineapple and say "eww, it's practically rotten".
But I look at it and think "oh my, this one's perfect!"
I think it strange that when certain fruits are practically "bad" they are oftentimes the "best".
Like strawberries, for example: super ripe strawberries make the absolute *best* and *sweetest* jam.
Mmm-mmm.
Well, pineapples are a similar thing.
It took me a while to figure it out-- but now I've got it down to a science.

I cut these bad boys up when they look like this:
Cracks are turning brown/yellow.

The base looks like this:

The top will look like this:
Wilted.

The flesh will look like this.
----------------------------------------------------------------
I kid you not, it is super sweet.
*EARTH CANDY*
-------------------------------------------------------
Try waiting to cut your pineapple-
and you'll probably never cut one open that looks like this again:

No comments: